Wednesday 31 August 2011

Every Day Hair Routine!

So today I'm going to be telling you guys my everyday hair routine! To start, I have naturally straight and thick hair.

SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
         Currently I am using TRESemme colour revitalize shampoo and conditioner. I have kind of a funny hair situation going on because I used to get auburn highlights, but they faded to BLONDE (which did not look good in my hair) so I wanted to go back to my natural colour (dark brown) and it ended up being too dark, but it's faded now and my hair is pretty much it's natural colour (I think...) but I use colour protect shampoo anyway...:). This brand completely cleans my hair of all product residue and makes it really shiny and really soft :) Also, once a week I use either Redken Rich Defender (from the colour extend line) or a homeade deep conditioner (see the recipe here http://xpinkbeautylovex.blogspot.com/2011/08/fun-post-diy-beauty-products.html). I find myself using the Redken one more though, because it gives my colour a bit of a boost and actually protects against colour damage while the homeade one is just a really good conditioner.
         Most of you have you have probably heard that it's bad to was your hair every single day (because the shampoo can dry out and damage your hair), so I recommend trying to go at least one day in between washing (just wear a shower cap on days you're not washing your hair). I actually have really dry hair, this doesn't ever really look greasy, so I go with at least two days in between every time, other wise my hair will be a dried out frizzy messsssss. So at the bottom I have tips for how to keep second (or third!....or forth...) day hair still looking nice :)

So onto my actual routine...
STEP 1:
As soon as I get out of the shower while my hair is still wet, if it had split ends or breakage I use John Frieda Full Repair Perfect Ends Sheer Mist. I only do this when my hair looks damaged though. I also usually use TRESemme 24 hour Body Foaming Mousse just to give my roots a bit of a boost. Then I lightly comb through my hair to distribute it, and put it up in a towel for about 10 minutes.

STEP 2:
While my hair is still damp I sprits a shine spray (right now I'm using one by Got2Be that's discontinued :( but if you go into any drugstore and choose one, they all do the same thing!).

STEP 3:
I almost always shower at night, no I rarely blow dry my hair..but if I was going to I would use TRESemme heat tamer spray and blow dry it in sections. I do my roots first and I flip my head upside down and point the blow dryer at my roots, but for the rest of my hair I section it with clip and blow dry it strait. But like I said, I hardly ever blow dry it so it would only be on special occasions. (Even when I shower in the morning before school I just let my hair dry naturally).

STEP 4:
I'm trying to use less heat on my hair, but I usually straighten it every time I wash it (but normally not on the days in between). My hair is naturally straight, but this is just to get rid of any puffyness. When I straighten my hair I use Got2Be Guardian Angel Heat Protectant for Flat Irons. I hardly ever straighten every layer of my hair..I usually just straighten the top layer or quickly go over my hair with out sectioning at all.

TIPS FOR IN BETWEEN SHAMPOOING:

  • put your bang into a french braid, or twisted braid since that's the area most likely to look oily first
  • braid all your hair in a side braid to hide an oily appearance,  but still keep it looking nice :)
  • avoid using heat on second day hair since it can tend to make it look greasier (especially after you spray heat protectant on it)
  • and on that note: avoid putting too much product in your hair in general, but more specifically on days in between washing
  • use dry shampoo! the one I have now is Oscar Blandi, and it's a powder. It's a really good product but it's pretty expensive and you have to get it at sephora (and I don't have one near me) so I think once I run out I'm going to try one from John Freida that also adds volume! :)

That's it! Hope you enjoyed! :)

xo
   ~pinkbeautylove <3

No comments:

Post a Comment