Friday 19 August 2011

Travel Series: What's in my travel makeup bag?!

On Tuesday I'm leaving for a small end of summer vacation to the Ocean :) I'm super excited! I thought it would be the perfect time to do a travel series! I'm still not done my back to school series, but I'll be putting those posts in pretty randomly until my first day of school (September 6th). Hope you enjoy!
I'm bringing kind-of a lot of make-up, only because I'm going to be doing a lot of different things and will need a lot of different looks :)
So, what am I using to store it?

 So for this trip, I had a lot of extra room in my suitcase so I decided to bring my makeup train case instead of my normal soft sided/fabric make-up bag. I like this sooo much more, cause I can easily organize my make-up in the trays instead of trying to dig through one big bag looking for each product as I go. It cuts down on time, and makes getting ready less stressful! :)



This is what it looks like from the inside! There's a bunch of things buried in the bottom that you can't see, so I'm going to go more in depth :)
Oh! And it's not just make-up..I also have some skin care, and hair products :)

 FACE

  • L'Oreal studio secrets anti-dull skin primer for light skin
  • L'oreal studio secrets magic perfecting base (I have two primers because I use the first one all over my face, and this one just on areas where I need a bit more coverage and longwear (: )
  • Mac studio moisture tint (tinted moisturizer) in medium
  • Covergirl natureluxe liquid silk foundation in 315 bamboo (I have both a tint and a foundation because I'll use the tint during the day, and foundation is in case we go somewhere nice at night and I want a more flawless look)
  • Mac studio sculpt concealer in NC20
  • Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in light 4-5
  • Physicians Formula OrganicWear face sculpting trio (I use the bottom colour which is a matte bronzer for contouring)
  • Rimmel natural blush in 035 sienna
  • Mac blushcreme in Posey
  • The Body Shop tinted glow enhancer (perfect liquid highlight :) 

EYES
  • Urban Decay primer potion
  • Revlon illuminating cream shadow quad in skinlights (all dupes for mac paint pots!)
  • Maybelline quads in chai latte (brown) and velvet crush (purple/silver)
  • Tweezerman eyelash curler
  • Physician's Formula gel liner trio for brown eyes
  • CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion Water Resistant Mascara in black
  • Maybelline the Falsies Mascara in black drama
  • Maybelline Great lash clear mascara (I just use this as my brow gel) 
  • I totally forgot to add tweezers to these pictures, but I'll be bringing those as well :)





BRUSHES

I'm bringing all my brushes in this adorable brush roll from the body shop :)








As you can see it's totally overstuffed :P I just have my basic brushes that I use pretty much everyday :)












HAIR PRODUCTS
  • wide toothed comb and hairbrush
  • baby flat iron and heat proof bag (I was going to bring my full sized flat iron, but since I have naturally pretty straight hair I'd only use it to straighten random peices, so I'd only need this one :) )
  • Tresemme heat tamer spray 
  • hair elastics, bobby pins, headband, a small clip, and a big clip for sectioning hair while I'm straightening or blow drying (if I bother with straightening or blow drying :P)
  • Tresemme touchable curls curn enhancing mousse. (Like I said before, I have straight hair that's hard to curl, but the salt from the ocean will add waves and I'll use this to make it a bit more noticeable :) )
SKINCARE/RANDOM
  • Mac strobe cream (I love love love mixing this with my foundation/tinted moisturizer, or just wearing it with no foundation and a bit of concealer under my eyes :). It makes my skin soo glowy and keeps it hydrated throughout the day :))
  • Garnier Nutritioniste skin renew anti-puff eye roller ball (under eye circles suck...a lot)
  • Sunscreen with SPF 70
  • The Body Shop shimmering coconut body lotion
  • Neutrogena illuminating foamy cream cleanzer (LOVE THIS! expect a review soon!)
  • Elizabeth Arden Intervene Eye Pause & Effect moisture eye cream
  • Mac mineralize all over lotion (I use this as my night time moisturizer over strobe cream, since strobe cream has shimmer and I don't really need that for sleeping)
  • Mac Fix+ Lavender

I'm also bring things like shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush and all that stuff :) I'll be adding to this series throughout the next couple of days, and probably while I'm gone as well.../but no guarantees that I'll be able to post while I'm gone cause I don't know if I'll have access to a computer while I'm there :(. 
Hope you enjoyed! thanks for reading :)

xo
   ~pinkbeautylove <3

No comments:

Post a Comment