Monday 15 August 2011

Back to School: What's in my school make-up bag?


What's in my school makeup bag?!


The makeup bag I'm using is from MAC and its the smallest one they sell. it's the perfect size for school or a purse for me because it prevents me from bringing waaay too much :P (kinda..)


The make-up I keep in my locker is make-up that I didn't spend a lot of money on, and make-up that I don't really care about. That way it's not the end of the world if it gets lost, stolen or broken at school, and I won't miss them at home (since they"ll spend essentially the whole school year in my locker). That being said, I have to be sure they're fairly good products in case I need to rely on them for my whole makeup look for the day! I have rowing practice almost every morning, and for the months between October and around April, the practices are always at school right before school (vs. the other months when they're at the rowing club and I have time to run home to get ready). In the time where my practices are at school, I have to bring all my stuff to school and get ready there. At least once a week I'll forget makeup :P. That's why it's important to keep a stash in my locker :)

So onto what's actually in my makeup bag!

I'll start with face products...
-   I don't bring a full foundation to school, because it takes up a lot of room and it's not completely necessary for my skin. I do use a powder though, this year I'm bringing my Physicians Formula Mineral Correcting Powder. I love it because as well as having decent coverage, it also had a built in highlighter and anti-redness correcter (which is perfect for after working out, cause my face is often mistaken for a tomato...)
-   Next I have Physicians Formula Mineral Corrective Concealer Trio. It's basically like the powder foundation, but in concealer form :P
-   For blush I'm bringing the Almay Smart Shade Blush in the colour Rose. I'm usually kind of skeptical of products that say they'll adjust to yout skin tone, but this one is perfect! :)
-   The last face product I have is kind of a random product.. I got it in a big set for Christmas and it has no name, but the brand is The Color Institute. When I got this I wasn't expecting a lot, but it turned out to be really good :) Basically its a cream bronzer stick. I only use it for contouring my cheek bones, and a bit on my temples. Usually I use a powder for contouring, but this works pretty well!

Eyes
 -   I have two products for my brows, which may seem excessive, but my brows get really unruly really fast :P First is Revlon ColorStay Brow enhancer in dark blonde. It has a tinted brow wax and a shimmery brow bone highlighter. I actually have really dark brown hair, but the reason I got this colour is because the highlight was perfect for my skin tone. I don't really usse the wax side :P the second is Revlon's Brow Fantasy pencil and gel in brunette. I use the pencil to fill in sparse areas and do define the arches of my brows, and I use the gel to keep them in place all day.
-   The next two products came in a set together from sephora (with three mini brushes). The first is Sephora Lash Stretcher lengthening mascara, and the second is Sephora eyes pencil. I don't really have anything to say about these other than that they're basic mascara and eyeliner.. :P
-   I don't bring any eyeshadow because even when I have my whole makeup collection to use, I only wear it about half the time (or less!) :P

Lips
-   The first is pretty basic, Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast spf 15 lip balm. I have really dry lips and this is really moisturizing and smells amazinggggg. <3
-   Next is my favorite on the go lip gloss, Beauty Rush by Victoria's secret lip gloss. They're really great to take with you places, and they all taste and smell amazing! :) This particular one is in Bubble it Up (smells like bubble gum <3), and is pretty much clear, but with hot pink shimmer.
-   The reason I don't have any lipsticks or colourful glosses is because I normally just bring my lip combo of the day in a pocket of my school bag :)

Last but not least: tools!
-   I purposely brought products that don't require brushes, so the only tools I keep in my locker is an eyelasher curler (this one is plastic and from tweezerman..I don't like it that much, but it works well enough :)) and an eyeliner sharpener.





I hope you enjoyed, sorry it was so long!

Leave a comment with what your must have school makeup products are!

xo
-pinkbeautylove <3

No comments:

Post a Comment