Saturday 20 August 2011

health&fitness: workout playlist and super yummy protien shake..mmm:)

I'm starting to get back into being really healthy, cause I really wasn't this summer :P And this morning I had this amazing protien shake before and after my workout and I thought I'd share it with you :) I got it from this article: http://www.thestar.com/sports/olympics/article/1040976--canadian-rowing-team-enjoying-rock-star-treatment


Sprint For It Strawberry Recipe
1 Cup Frozen Strawberries 
¾ Cup Almond Milk (if you don't have/can't find almond milk just use skim or soy :))
Dash of Pure Vanilla Extract (to Taste)
1 scoop of desired Vanilla Flavour Whey Protein Isolate (don't put too much in..I think my scoop is too big cause the first  time I made it all I tasted was vanilla powder :P)

Now I'm going to tell you some of my favorite songs on my workout playlist :)


Fighter-Christina Aguilera
Stronger-Destiny's Child
Heart of a Lion-Kid Cudi
Not Afraid-Eminem
Lose Yourself-Eminem
Trabadour (album)-K'naan
Milkshake (remix)-Kelis (haha)
Check it Out-Nicki Minaj  

I choose songs that are really upbeat (and kind-of obnoxious), but you should choose based on the kind of workout you're doing and what kind of mood you're in while you're working out. For example, if you're going for a jog to de-stress from the day you might want more inspiring music, but if you're in a bad mood and are doing intense cardio or something you'll probably want something really upbeat and loud...:)                                                                                                                   


Hope you enjoyed! Let me know if you try the shake!

xo 
   ~pinkbeautylove <3

2 comments: